I saw a recipe recently where the author used Coco Puffs combined with Nutella to make some “rice krispy” style bars. Here’s her recipe! (And her food photographs totally blow mine out of the water … SOB!)
I don’t have any Coco Puffs, but it gave me the idea to add Nutella to Rice Krispy Treats … oh, totally YUM!
I admit a slight fondness for … OK, a teeny tiny hankering … FINE, a roaring addiction to rice krispy treats. They remind me of childhood and summers at the pool! That oohey-gooey, crunchy goodness … there’s nothing else like it. Until now!
I keep the ingredients for rice krispy treats on hand. I go wild every once in awhile and use coco krispies instead of regular rice krispies. I normally hide these and eat them when no one else is in the house. However, it’s never occurred to me to use Nutella. Duh!
OMG!! Wow! These Nutella Rice Krispy Treats totally ROCK!
Start with your traditional rice krispy recipe. Melt your butter and marshmallows together … just add the magic, secret ingredient: Nutella!
Finish off by adding vanilla and rice krispies. Don’t forget the vanilla. I love how they snap, crackle & pop even in the hot, gooey nutella goodness!
You probably should prepare your pan ahead of time. I prefer to line the pan with something, like parchment paper, so that the pan doesn’t get messy. I’ve used cling wrap before, but sometimes it tears as I’m pushing the treat mixture around.
Now pour out the nutella rice krispy treats into your parchment paper lined pan. Grease up your hands — I use coconut oil — and pat down the mixture until it’s evenly spread out in the pan.
Slice into squares as soon as you have the mixture spread out evenly. The longer you wait, the harder it is to cut.
Now, grab a nice cup of coffee and a couple of these treats and enjoy!
- 1 (10 ounce) package marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1 tsp. Vanilla ext.
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Measure out 6 cups of Rice Krispies and set them aside
- Butter a 9×13 or jelly roll pan — or line with parchment paper and set aside
- Melt butter in a medium large soup pot over medium heat
- Add nutella and marshmallows and stir until completely melted
- Remove from heat
- Working quickly, add vanilla and rice krispies
- Stir until the cereal is well coated
- Using a spatula, scoop the mixture into your greased or parchment lined pan
- After coating your hands with butter or coconut oil, press firmly and evenly into the nooks and crannies of the pan
- Cut into squares and enjoy!